Workshop on Globally Situated Perspectives on AI in the Edge-Cloud-HPC Continuum
A precursor workshop to the CENTRA 6 Meeting
While the potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is practically unlimited, its ramifications are often contextual based on localized (country) situations. We invite CENTRA researchers, practitioners, and professionals to submit short abstracts to the 1-day workshop on Globally Situated Perspectives on AI in the Edge-Cloud-HPC Continuum. The workshop aims for a series of short papers that explore artificial intelligence (AI) and edge computing, specifically focusing on:
- Regional or global issues in the continuum from edge devices to cloud infrastructure for AI
- Global research partnerships for rapid responses to global issues
- Edge computing architectures and post 5G implications for AI applications
- Lightweight and efficient AI models for edge devices, Edge-based AI inference optimization techniques
- Resource management, workload allocation, data sharing in edge-cloud systems, Hybrid edge-cloud architectures for AI applications
- AI ethics and trustworthiness
- We welcome 1-2 page abstracts (U.S. letter – 8.5″x11″), using the IEEE proceedings template. Abstracts must be submitted as a PDF file.
- Submissions must be original and should present novel research contributions or innovative practical applications related to the workshop topics.
- Authors may submit their contributions to PTI@IU.
- Abstracts will be published as a collection to IUScholarWorks.
- Optional: In lieu of an abstract, authors may submit a five-page paper as the final deliverable.
- Paper submissions deadline: August 25, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: September 01, 2023
- Camera-ready deadline: September 15, 2023
For more information, contact the workshop organisers at PTI@IU.
All workshop participants must be registered for CENTRA 6. Details about registration and procedures can be found in the menu on the left. For any inquiries or further information, contact us at PTI@IU.
A modest amount of funding has been appropriated for student participants, with priority given to those: (1) traveling internationally and (2) participating in a presentation, panel, etc. Students who might need support should indicate such when submitting their abstracts for the workshop call for participation or via email to PTI@IU.
We look forward to an engaging workshop on Globally Situated Perspectives on AI in the Edge-Cloud-HPC Continuum!