Student Hackathon Visa Info
Please consult with the U.S. Consulate in your country/region whether you need a visa or are eligible for the visa-exempt program (then must have a valid ESTA approval prior) to enter the United States.
Please contact Grace Hong (gshong [at] acis.ufl.edu) if you need a letter of
invitation to support your U.S. visa application. Please provide the information
below in your email request:
- Your full name as appeared in your passport
- Title/Position and name of your organization
- Email, phone number and nationality
- Arrival and departure dates for your stay in the U.S.
- Additional info that needs to be evident in the invitation letter, per requirement by the U.S. Consulate office you are submitting the application to
- If you need the original, signed physical letter posted to you, please provide complete postal address (zip code included, no PO Boxes please) in your email.
The letter of invitation does not financially obligate the hosting organization. Travel expenses incurred to your CENTRA2 All-Hands attendance are the responsibility of the participant. Whether your trip is supported by your institution or CENTRA award via University of Florida, please work with your funding source for financial support documentation should it be required for your U.S. visa application.