CENTRA 3 Post-workshop ABCI (by AIST) visit: (tentative plan)
ABCI stands for AI Bridging Cloud Infrastructure. More information about this supercomputer now being built by AIST (Japan’s National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology) at University of Tokyo with a planned performance of 130 petaFLOPS: ABCI Wikipedia entry and AIST’s one-page summary at SC2017.
Date and time: 0900 - 1730 on May 16, 2018, some transportation time included
Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Venue1: NICT Otemachi Office, KDDI Building, 16th Floor, 1-8-1 Otemachi, Chiyodo-ku, Tokyo, 100-0004
- Venue2: ABCI (AIST) in Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa-shi, The University of Tokyo Kashiwa Campus
Please note that the Pre-Workshop of PRAGMA 34: ABCI Visit also includes the same ABCI visit itinerary in the afternoon on May 9. If you are a PRAGMA 34 attendee also participating in CENTRA 3 Meeting. While morning program of May 16 (CENTRA 3 Post-Workshop) and that of May 9 (PRAGMA 34 Pre-Workshop) are different, please expect the afternoon of this day May 16 is touring the same facility - ABCI. AIST organizers suggest you choose one day to attend.
- 9:50am - Please arrive at NICT Otemachi Office, KDDI Building, 16th Floor (1-8-1 Otemachi)
- 10:00am - 11:00am ABCI presentation by AIST at Venue 1
- 11:00am - 12:40pm Lunch break (Lunch will not be provided)
- 12:45pm - Please meet back at NICT Otemachi Office, KDDI Building, 16th Floor
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm Move to ABCI in Kashiwanoha (bus travel)
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm AIST ABCI Visit
- 3:30pm - Move back to Otemachi
This is a tentative plan and the itinerary may change.
- Please note that lunch is not provided today. A group bus will take registered participants to ABCI facility. The map and directions below including train fare is for your information only (we do not anticipate so, but in the case of overlowing passengers on the pre-arranged bus for registrants, we might guide train travel if needed).
How to get to ABCI